Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Seven and a half: After effects

Yesterday was the birthday party lunch and I decided to go the route of not offending anyone. I am definitely paying the price. At the lunch there was roast beef (which I passed on), cheesy potatoes, salad, carrots(covered in butter) and biscuits with a topper of pineapple upside down cake. I ended up eating a very large salad with small helpings of the potatoes and carrots, a biscuit with a tiny piece of cake. Of course I felt guilty, anyone does when they go off any diet but that was not the worst thing...



A preemptive statement: I guess my body much prefers eating a vegan diet and wanted to let me know what would happen if I deviated from it. Just for reference Tom and Raeden are fine. This morning I had one of those moments of slight panic where commercial theme songs start running through your head like "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now" and "Nausea, heartburn, indigestion! Upset stomach, diarrhea!" It was awesome. With a few hours past and a good cup of coffee I feel fine. Those 15 minutes of terror were enough to scare me into straight up lying next time I have a lunch thing!

Fun times.

We did have a yummy dinner last night though. Cauliflower red lentil curry with brown rice. I love curries. They are so comforting, like a tasty warm blanket... sort of. I didn't always think they were so good. Definitely an acquired taste but also one that is easily developed when eating vegan.

Off now to buy cleaning supplies (seventh generation brand) and do a second mini move. Then lunch with my parents and supposedly a workout tonight (we will see, heh).


No comments:

Post a Comment